Marijuana laws have become much more lenient, increasing it’s demand. Even if you use medicinal weed, you might wonder how to get weed out of your system to pass a drug test. People opt for detoxification to remove tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and toxins from the body.
Workplace THC testing has become a norm following the increase in marijuana use. Drug testing can be intimidating to go through for people who are consuming marijuana frequently.
The internet is filled with hoaxes about natural detoxification and cleansing programs. Many of these miracle THC detox programs are either false or super confusing.
So, how do you do it? In this article, we’ll answer all your THC detox questions, especially how to get THC out of your system.
How long does it take to get weed out of your system?
There’s a lot of misinformation around weed. It’s because of the social stigma of consuming marijuana. If a detox program seems too good to be true, chances are that’s the case. Some myths about THC detox are:
- Niacin detox: It’s not a miracle cleansing solution. If used in excess, you could get liver failure.
- Pickle juice detox: Unlike how it’s marketed, it does nothing to remove marijuana from your system.
- Bleaching hair: Some people bleach hair to eliminate toxins from their hair to pass a hair drug test. But beaching itself won’t help. It should never be used to detox marijuana from your body and hair particularly.
Despite the myths, some natural detoxification methods are effective but require time. Plenty of liquids, including water, lemon juice, and detox teas, do work given some time. But natural detoxification isn’t the solution if you’re looking for immediate relief.
How Long Does Weed Stay In Your System?
Before figuring out the fastest way to get THC out of your system to pass a drug test, finding out how long it will stay in your system is important.
Drug tests are designed to find the key component, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), and THC metabolites.
Drug test Types
Each test has a different detection window during which these metabolites can be detected. These are the most common tests used to detect cannabis use.
- Urine sample tests: The most common and quickest of drug tests is the urine sample test. It can take as little as 10 minutes to get the results. Around 20% of the THC from marijuana will leave your body via urine.
- Saliva swab tests: Detecting long-term marijuana use with saliva tests is difficult. However, they’re excellent at determining recent drug use. If you’ve had cannabis in any form within 24 hours of the test, you’ll get caught.
- Hair follicle drug tests: Hair follicle drug testing determines long-term use. THC metabolites take 7-10 days to build up in your hair follicles. So you won’t get a positive result on the day of use.
- blood tests: The blood test is very expensive. It can detect THC levels before it goes through metabolism rather than other tests that look for metabolites.
Detection Time per Test
|Urine sample test||3 – 7 days|
|blood test||3 hrs – 2 days|
|Saliva swab tests||1 – 2 days|
|Hair follicle drug tests||30 – 90 days|
What Factors Impact The Duration Of the Detox Process?
THC detection can be done in many ways. It can be detected in the urine, fat cells, and the blood. THC metabolites can be detectable in your system longer than you think. Many factors affect the duration for which marijuana remains in your body.
- Exercise habits: Exercising right before your drug test might increase your chances of getting a positive result.
- The dose and frequency of marijuana intake.
- body metabolism: people with faster metabolisms get rid of THC from their blood in a shorter time period.
- Eating habits: eating foods rich in fiber will speed up the detoxification process.
- body fat percentage: THC is stored within body fat. So, people with excessive weight will metabolize THC longer.
- Sex: women metabolize cannabis slower than men. This has to do with their bodies storing more fat than men.
- Amounts of daily water intake: If you’re dehydrated, THC levels in the blood will be higher.
What Are The Best THC Detox Methods?
You might come across websites promising you the quickest way to get weed out of your system. But this is usually false advertising to mislead people.
Every detox program takes some time to work. Here are some of the most popular detox methods and the time they need to work.
- Water dilutes urine and removes toxins from the human body. While true, the effects aren’t dramatic enough to help you pass your drug test.
- Drinking lemon water, coffee, or apple cider vinegar has similar effects. Each of these drinks might help in their own way. There’s no way they are fast enough to get all the toxins out.
- Applying a specialized detox drink like Detoxify Mega Clean is a great way to reduce and mask your THC before a drug test. It has a balanced formula of herbs and active components to provide efficient masking of THC right before the drug test for people who are moderate of heavy cannabis users. But detox drinks are only effective short-term.
- Pills and capsules are also considered an effective cleansing program. But not all pills are the same. Legitimate products like Toxin Rid pills work superbly if taken for a few days. The pros are:
- It works on heavy users.
- It’s a natural detoxification program.
On the other hand, you should also know:
- They’re no miracle product. They take some time before you get results.
- It may take up to a month to detox with pills.
Choosing the Best THC Detox Method
You must check many things before committing to a cleansing program. Some might be:
- health conditions: Remedies like cranberry juice are high in sugar and unsuitable for diabetics. People who are easily stimulated might not find coffee the best solution. Depending on your health conditions, your THC detox will be different.
- Type of test: Depending on your test, the detox method will differ. For example, if you have a saliva swab test in a week, you might not need detox. But if you have a hair follicle test, you need a good detox and abstinence.
- Type of use: Heavy users need stronger detox programs for a longer duration. For example, those people who use weed for chronic pain or other reasons every day or even a few times a day may not be able to detox in a limited time before a urine (the most common type) test. That is why heavy users should detox by checking their progress with at-home drug tests. If it keeps coming positive – synthetic urine will be the only option to pass a test. But for those people who consume weed up to 2-3 times a week, a detox program is still a solution for passing a test with flying colors.
- Cost and convenience of purchase: The variety of THC detox kits is remarkable. But you must find one that fits your budget, is effective, and is conveniently available.
- Brand: You need to make sure whatever dietary fiber or detox liquid you use is from a reputable brand. Look for satisfied customers. The reviews section will help you figure out if it’s worth it.
- Ingredients: Some products have many ingredients and none work. Others offer just the right ingredients and nothing extra. Do your research before you invest.
How To Get Weed Out Of Your System
If you don’t want to get caught up in commercial THC detox products, you can try a natural method:
- Sauna Therapy: Suana therapy is known to increase blood circulation. It helps relieve substance abuse-related muscle aches. Plus, the body reacts to the heat in these steaming hot pods by becoming more alert.
- High-fiber diet: A high-fiber diet does wonders for your gut. Having a dose of dietary fiber around an hour before your test can help flush out many of those metabolites. A fiber-rich diet will help your body remove THC metabolites quickly.
- High liquid intake: Drinking plenty of liquids will also help dilute your urine and clear the blood. You should drink water, detox tea, electrolyte drinks, etc. You’ll get a negative test result much easier.
- Exercising: Exercising right before your test is a bad idea. But exercising long before has the opposite effect. Exercising will help you sweat out the toxins and reduce your BMI. With lower fat, your body won’t be able to store THC.
How To Get Weed Out Of Your System Fast for a drug test?
Are you wondering about ways to clean out your system in 24 hours or less? You have to settle for short-term results.
- Certo Sure Jell + Gatorade or a detox drink: This method works well for urine testing. Make a Certo Sure Jell and Gatorade (or detox drink) mixture three hours before your test. Drink a liter of water afterward, and make sure you take multivitamins.
- Eat a pizza and hydrogen peroxide mouthwash: Saliva testing is very accurate, but there’s only a small testing window. You can mask the presence of marijuana by eating fatty foods to absorb THC from your mouth. A mixture of hydrogen peroxide and Listerine can be used as a mouthwash to remove trace amounts of THC.
- Vinegar, salicylic acid acne treatment product, liquid detergent, Old Style Aloe Toxin Rid Shampoo, and a standard store-bought dying kit: Hair drug tests are the hardest to crack. Try a solution of vinegar and 2% salicylic acid to leave in your hair for 30 mins. Alternatively, leave a laundry detergent in for 15 mins. Even the chemical from store-bought dye might help. But using a product designed for the purpose, like the Old Style Aloe Toxin Rid, is your best bet to pass a hair follicle drug test.
There are many answers to the question of how to get THC out of your system. But all of them are different. Depending on your requirements, you must pick the right cleansing program.
Even then, you have to be patient and make sure you start the process with realistic expectations. Don’t expect a miracle. Your body will need time to break down all the toxins and eliminate them.
detox methods help speed up the process, but are not an instant solution. Regardless of which detox program you choose, the key element is stopping marijuana use. Otherwise, no cleansing program will work.
Read more useful articles on our website.